– 2 slices white bread
– 1/4 cup milk
– 3 tablespoons butter
– 1/2 cup chopped white onion
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 3/4 pound ground beef
– 3/4 pound ground pork
– 2 egg yolks
– 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
– 1/4 teaspoon allspice
– 1/4 cup flour
– 3 cups beef broth
– 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
Cooking Preparation of the Recipe:
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- Tear the bread into pieces and place in a mixing bowl with milk, set aside.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a sauté pan, add onion; sauté onion until soft, remove from heat.
- Combine milk and bread mixture, ground beef, ground pork, egg yolks, salt, pepper, allspice, and onions in a mixing bowl; beat on medium speed for 1 to 2 minutes; roll mixture into 1-inch rounds.
- Brown meatballs in a sauté pan over medium-high heat for 7 to 10 minutes; place meatballs on pan and place in the oven to warm.
- Heat the pan on low heat and add flour; whisk until lightly brown, approximately 1 to 2 minutes; slowly add the beef stock and whisk until sauce begins to thicken; add cream and continue to cook the gravy until desired consistency is reached.
- Remove meatballs from oven and cover with gravy.